From: dec on
I have installed process explorer and kernrate to determine why my cpu
is 100%
I can access process explorer but I cannot access kernrate even though
it is installed and I have an icon...what is wrong?
From: Jose on
On Nov 24, 12:04 pm, dec <decsep...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed process explorer and kernrate to determine why my cpu
> is 100%
> I can access process explorer but I cannot access kernrate even though
> it is installed and I have an icon...what is wrong?

Were you unable to diagnose the issue with just Process Explorer?

From: dec on
On Nov 24, 4:04 pm, Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 12:04 pm, dec <decsep...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have installed process explorer and kernrate to determine why my cpu
> > is 100%
> > I can access process explorer but I cannot access kernrate even though
> > it is installed and I have an icon...what is wrong?
>
> Were you unable to diagnose the issue with just Process Explorer?

thanks for replying...deferred procedure calls and SYSTEM were the two
that combined are using 80-90% on my cpu
From: Jose on
On Nov 24, 11:43 pm, dec <decsep...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 4:04 pm, Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 24, 12:04 pm, dec <decsep...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have installed process explorer and kernrate to determine why my cpu
> > > is 100%
> > > I can access process explorer but I cannot access kernrate even though
> > > it is installed and I have an icon...what is wrong?
>
> > Were you unable to diagnose the issue with just Process Explorer?
>
> thanks for replying...deferred procedure calls and SYSTEM were the two
> that combined are using 80-90% on my cpu

In Process Explorer are you unable to drill down (click the +) under
System to expand it out to narrow it down?

If PE shows a + sign next to system, you need to click the + sign to
expand it, then see what is going on.

Here is a little write up from Mark Russinovich about using kernrate
to isolate an afflicted driver using kernrate.

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/04/07/3031251.aspx

Googling for Deferred Procedure Call will get you many hits and the
problem seems to usually be closely related to gaming, intense video
audio/operations, audio/video/network hardware, video drivers...
Sometimes just reseat the RAM, or replace the CMOS battery does it for
some folks.

Here is a popular DPC monitoring tool:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml