From: cate on
I picked up lag from this group a few weeks ago and ... nice stuff.

Now I'm trying to create a query that contains a future date. That
means all the values in a row are LAG values except for the future
date. I can lag a field. How can I lag all the fields? Do you have
to write lag(), lag(), lag()... or is there a way to lag once for
mutiple fields?

Thank you.
From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev on
On Jan 26, 11:20 pm, cate <catebekens...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I picked up lag from this group a few weeks ago and ... nice stuff.
>
> Now I'm trying to create a query that contains a future date.  That
> means all the values in a row are LAG values except for the future
> date.  I can lag a field.  How can I lag all the fields?  Do you have
> to write lag(), lag(), lag()... or is there a way to lag once for
> mutiple fields?
>
> Thank you.

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish (a working example - the
dataset, expected results - could be helpful.) You can only lag each
column individually. The reverse of LAG is LEAD, might be possible to
select the future date as lead() and the rest of the row from current
cursor position.

Regards,
Vladimir M. Zakharychev
N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
http://www.dynamicpsp.com
From: hughppd on
On Jan 27, 4:34 am, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev"
<vladimir.zakharyc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 11:20 pm, cate <catebekens...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I picked up lag from this group a few weeks ago and ... nice stuff.
>
> > Now I'm trying to create a query that contains a future date.  That
> > means all the values in a row are LAG values except for the future
> > date.  I can lag a field.  How can I lag all the fields?  Do you have
> > to write lag(), lag(), lag()... or is there a way to lag once for
> > mutiple fields?
>
> > Thank you.
>
> Depends on what you are trying to accomplish (a working example - the
> dataset, expected results - could be helpful.) You can only lag each
> column individually. The reverse of LAG is LEAD, might be possible to
> select the future date as lead() and the rest of the row from current
> cursor position.
>
> Regards,
>    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
>    http://www.dynamicpsp.com

Thank you. Lead... I should have know.
From: cate on
On Jan 27, 4:34 am, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev"
<vladimir.zakharyc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 11:20 pm, cate <catebekens...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I picked up lag from this group a few weeks ago and ... nice stuff.
>
> > Now I'm trying to create a query that contains a future date.  That
> > means all the values in a row are LAG values except for the future
> > date.  I can lag a field.  How can I lag all the fields?  Do you have
> > to write lag(), lag(), lag()... or is there a way to lag once for
> > mutiple fields?
>
> > Thank you.
>
> Depends on what you are trying to accomplish (a working example - the
> dataset, expected results - could be helpful.) You can only lag each
> column individually. The reverse of LAG is LEAD, might be possible to
> select the future date as lead() and the rest of the row from current
> cursor position.
>
> Regards,
>    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
>    http://www.dynamicpsp.com

Thank you. Lead, I should have know. Thanks again.