From: JohnE on
I have a form that is a continuous form. This is used to show different
sorts, searches, filters, and so on. The users today asked if on this form
there could be a button that would display the last 20 entries made. The
last 20 entries would be those are open and closed, status does not make a
differenct. The form information is from a table/query, depending on the
action event.

I have never had to work on a request such as that and have no idea how to
proceed. My initial thought was to find the maximum ID number (autonumber)
and count back 20 from there. But only a thought and still not sure how to
do something such as that.

I seek the help of the group on this and anyone who has done this or knows
how to do this. Samples, examples, or site links are also good.

Thanks... John
From: Piet Linden on
On Jan 5, 10:51 pm, JohnE <Jo...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a form that is a continuous form.  This is used to show different
> sorts, searches, filters, and so on.  The users today asked if on this form
> there could be a button that would display the last 20 entries made.  The
> last 20 entries would be those are open and closed, status does not make a
> differenct.  The form information is from a table/query, depending on the
> action event.
>
> I have never had to work on a request such as that and have no idea how to
> proceed.  My initial thought was to find the maximum ID number (autonumber)
> and count back 20 from there.  But only a thought and still not sure how to
> do something such as that.
>
> I seek the help of the group on this and anyone who has done this or knows
> how to do this.  Samples, examples, or site links are also good.
>
> Thanks... John

use a top values query and sort in descending order. I guess create a
query of that and save it. then you can set the sort order again in
the form, since the form's sort order should override that of the
query.