From: Mike Jones on

Using vobcopy. things work ok most of the time, but on one or two disks I
hit a libdvdread: Can't seek to block ....... problem that leaves a
scrolling column of this error, painfully chugging through an ever rising
number sequence of what it can't seek to. Its the same point if the
exercise is repeated with the same source disk, leading me to think it's
deliberate glitches on the source DVD.

Anybody got any "What you need to do here is..." tips?

XP: alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.slackware
FU: alt.os.linux

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Mike Jones on
Responding to noi ance:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:58:49 +0000, Mike Jones typed this message:
>
>> Using vobcopy. things work ok most of the time, but on one or two disks
>> I hit a libdvdread: Can't seek to block ....... problem that leaves a
>> scrolling column of this error, painfully chugging through an ever
>> rising number sequence of what it can't seek to. Its the same point if
>> the exercise is repeated with the same source disk, leading me to think
>> it's deliberate glitches on the source DVD.
>>
>> Anybody got any "What you need to do here is..." tips?
>>

>> XP: alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.slackware FU: alt.os.linux
>
> I don't know but could it be those DVDs are DRM protected? Some DVDs
> have code to prevent copying.
>
> Do they play in Linux or only on DVD players?

Way ahead of you. Search [libdvdcss] for more.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.