From: Keith G Hicks on
I have some code that is concatenating names together using vbCrLf. I also
tried Chr(13)&Chr(10) which are supposed to be the same anyway. I assign the
names to a string variable and then in the OnFormat of the report detail I
assign the values to the caption of a lable. Trouble is the line feeds don't
end up in there.

Public sEmpNames as String
sEmpNames = ""

loop through the names table...
While ....
if sEmpNames = "" Then
sEmpNames = <next name in table>
else
sEmpNames = sEmpNames & vbCrLf & <next name in table>
endif
...movenext
Wend

In the report I'm simply doing this:

Me.lblEmpNames.Caption = sEmpNames

Like I said, the names appear but all jammed together. I've tried converting
sEmpNames to a function and using it in the source for a text box as well.
Neither strategy works.

The same sEmpNames variable is being used in a bookmark in Word automation
and it comes out fine. What's happening to my line feeds in the Access
report?

Keith

From: Keith G Hicks on
I know the line feeds are there. When I put the variable in the Immediate
window, it runs the names out on separate lines.

From: Keith G Hicks on
Never mind. My code for the Word automation was just using vbCr. That wasn't
enough. I do a Replace in the Access report so that vbCr's become vbCrLf and
it's all good.

From: Armen Stein on
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:21:31 -0500, "Keith G Hicks" <krh(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>Never mind. My code for the Word automation was just using vbCr. That wasn't
>enough. I do a Replace in the Access report so that vbCr's become vbCrLf and
>it's all good.

Thanks for letting us know. That would have been a tough one for us
to spot without seeing all the actual automation code.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com

From: Keith G Hicks on
Yeah, it was pretty much making me nuts until I noticed that my automation
code used vbCr only. Then I rememberd that when I first set that code up,
vbCrLf didn't work as I expected so I just used vbCr. The thing that puzzled
me was that with just vbCr the breaks were there in the Access vba immediate
pane but not in the report controls preview.