From: Russ Green on
I'm looking to extend a richtextbox (or a textbox) to show line numbers in a margin and simply don't know where to begin. What I'm loooking to achieve is a control that looks likew this...

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give a sample class to achieve this?

TIA

Russ
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
"Russ Green" <rgreen-no(a)spam-stubbsrich.com> schrieb:
>I'm looking to extend a richtextbox (or a textbox) to show line numbers in
>a margin and simply don't know where to begin.

If you are looking for a commercial solution:

Syncfusion: Products -- Essential Edit
<URL:http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/product.aspx?p=3>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

From: Russ Green on
Thanks but I was hoping for a non-comercial control

From: Gman on
Is there a particular reason you want to use a textbox rather than a
ListView or Flexgrid?

A listview lends itself more naturally to this kind of thing - ready
made columns, allows you to colour or enbold individual fields etc.

The only reason I could see not to use a ListView would be if you needed
to edit directly on the ListView -- there are ways around this though.

HTH

From: Russ Green on
Basically becuase I want to edit simple text files (AutoCAD scripts).

I suppose a listview could do the job for me. But it wouldn't be anywhere
as flexible as a textbox.