From: Philip Wagenaar on
I need Interop.MAPI.dll for a project, but where can I find this file?
From: Cor Ligthert [MVP] on
Philip,

CMM has sent today this today in this newsgroup as an answer to me.

I have seen that just Google on "Download msmapi32.ocx" gives direct a lot
of download file.
Maybe can you try this, than I have the idea that CMM will for sure help
you.

If we have than a complete documented sample (including where to get the
aciveX.) than we can set it as a sample on our website.

This is the text from CMM.

I have confirmed personally that the mapi activex controls (msmapi32.ocx) do
indeed work with OE... in fact they work better with OE than with Outlook
because of Outlook's Object Model Guard.

MAPI (Mail API) was intended to be a "generic" interface into any "default"
e-mail program on the computer... not just MSMail or Exchange based ones.

(VB6 code using the two controls necessary)

MAPISession1.DownLoadMail = False
MAPISession1.SignOn
MAPISession1.NewSession = True

MAPIMessages1.SessionID = MAPISession1.SessionID

MAPIMessages1.Compose
MAPIMessages1.RecipAddress = "someone(a)somewhere.com"
MAPIMessages1.msgSubject = "My subject"
MAPIMessages1.msgNoteText = "bla bla bla"

MAPIMessages1.Send

MAPISession1.SignOff
MAPISession1.NewSession = False

Cor

From: Philip Wagenaar on
I am not looking for msmapi32.ocx but for Interop.MAPI.dll.

I believe it should be installed on my system as office pia interop. But I
have both full install of vs.net 2005 en office 2003

From: CMM on
Possibly installed with Visual Studio Tools For Office?

Or perhaps this PIA is installed as part of Collaboration Data Objects (CDO-
which is an optional component when you install Outlook) or the Outlook
Messaging Objects (also an optional component).... check Add/Remove
Programs -> Microsoft Office. It'll show you what components are installed.

Good luck.

From: "Peter Huang" [MSFT] on
Hi Philip,

Do you mean the interop assembly for mapi32.dll which is installed with
outlook?
Based on my research, there is no PIA for the DLL.

Also please take a look at link the below.

Excel, Exchange, and C#
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncscol/htm
l/csharp05152003.asp

Best regards,