From: Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook] on
Philip,
Adding a COM reference to "Microsoft CDO 1.21 Library" will create the
Interop.MAPI.dll "Interop Assembly" (IA?) for you. CDO 1.21 is an optional
install for Outlook.

Outlook 2003 has PIA (Primary Interop Assembly) that are optionally
installed with the product or as a download, while Outlook XP you can only
download its PIA.

NOTE: using "Microsoft CDO 1.21 Library" is not supported by Microsoft,
however I have had success in VS 2003 (.NET 1.x):
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813349

Other Outlook MVPs have indicated that CDO does not work in VS 2005 (.NET
2.0) for her. However I have not migrated my project to collaborate her
findings...

--
Hope this helps
Jay [MVP - Outlook]

From: Philip Wagenaar on
Ok thank you.

I will have to rethink my approach.

From: Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook] on
Doh!
| NOTE: using "Microsoft CDO 1.21 Library" is not supported by Microsoft,
| however I have had success in VS 2003 (.NET 1.x):
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813349
That should be "using Microsoft CDO 1.21 with .NET is not supported by
Microsoft.

Using CDO 1.21 from COM clients (such as VB6 & VBScript) is supported...

--
Hope this helps
Jay [MVP - Outlook]
..NET Application Architect, Enthusiast, & Evangelist
T.S. Bradley - http://www.tsbradley.net

"Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <Jay_Harlow_MVP(a)tsbradley.net> wrote in
message news:eu64NwsKGHA.3200(a)tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

From: Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT] on
Hi Philip,

I agree with Jay's point here. CDO 1.2x is not supported in managed code
currently. That means it may bring some unexpected behavior sometimes. So
it is better for you to select other approachs such as System.Web.Mail.

Thanks very much for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Get Secure! ?C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!