From: Charlie Root on
"Aaron Leonard" <Aaron(a)Cisco.COM> wrote in message

> ~ > One dialer profile can serve as a backup interface to multiple
> ~ > primary interfaces.
> ~
> ~ Aaron,
> ~
> ~ True, but in my experience Dialer profile does not go down, which then
> just
> ~ replaces one problem with another. Dialer staying always up was the
> reason,
> ~ why we started to use RTR-based tracking for setting up static routes
> ~ conditionally. I haven't tried though Dialer with leased-line type
> ~ interfaces.
> ~
> ~ Kind regards,
> ~ iLya
>
> Agreed, IP SLAs (nee RTR) is the most flexible approach.
>
> The original poster implied that he wanted to have his backup interface
> *down* (rather than just not transmitting traffic), which is why I was
> thinking dialers. I'm not sure if my inference was correct though ...

I hope you didn't get me wrong. I didn't mean to dismiss your proposed
solution, neither to pretend that I understood original requirement
correctly (importance whether actual state of the interface matters or only
traffic mustn't pass). In fact now after re-reading your previous post it's
obvious that you proposed to use dialer attached to the backup interface as
opposed to binding several primary interface and then specify backup for
dialer. Sorry for confusion.

Kind regards,
iLya