From: billyb on
I tried loading 2005 SW and got the error message "The database file
C:\Program Files\Common File\Solidworks
Data\lang\english\swbrowser.mdb" is not the expected version (9.02).
This comes up when I try to used hole wizard.

I did have other versions, i.e. SW 2006,04,02 on my computer at times.
These are not on the computer anymore.

How can I solve this problem? Help is appreciated.

From: Mr. Who on
Try add/remove programs and modify. Make sure you have toolbox added
in under the customize section. if it is already added then try a
repair or remove toolbox and then add it back. Hopefully this will
repair the incorrect toolbox file.

From: wurz on

billyb wrote:
> I tried loading 2005 SW and got the error message "The database file
> C:\Program Files\Common File\Solidworks
> Data\lang\english\swbrowser.mdb" is not the expected version (9.02).
> This comes up when I try to used hole wizard.
>
> I did have other versions, i.e. SW 2006,04,02 on my computer at times.
> These are not on the computer anymore.
>
> How can I solve this problem? Help is appreciated.

You can 'hack' the SWBrowser.mdb file if you want.

Open it in Access and go to the table called Version. There is a field
called CurrentVersion. Change the value to whatever value the error
message says. Re-save the MDB file and you're done.

You may need to restart SW though.

Regards

Martin

From: Mr. Who on
Manually editing SolidWorks data files seems like a really bad idea.
Was this fix endorsed by SW?

From: billyb on
Mr. Who
Where is the "customize section"? Sorry maybe stupid question.

Mr. Who wrote:
> Try add/remove programs and modify. Make sure you have toolbox added
> in under the customize section. if it is already added then try a
> repair or remove toolbox and then add it back. Hopefully this will
> repair the incorrect toolbox file.
>
> billyb wrote:
> > I tried loading 2005 SW and got the error message "The database file
> > C:\Program Files\Common File\Solidworks
> > Data\lang\english\swbrowser.mdb" is not the expected version (9.02).
> > This comes up when I try to used hole wizard.
> >
> > I did have other versions, i.e. SW 2006,04,02 on my computer at times.
> > These are not on the computer anymore.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem? Help is appreciated.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: E-drawing color off
Next: Floworks