From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I use the property BackgroundImage on the Form object and
add a file called bell.gif so a background image is shown on the form.

If I now use ildasm on the exe file I can't find this bell.gif in any place.
I assume this resource file bell.gif must be shown
somewhere.

So my question is if it's possible to see this file bell.gif when I use the
ildasm on the exe file.

//Tony

From: Peter Duniho on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I use the property BackgroundImage on the Form object and
> add a file called bell.gif so a background image is shown on the form.
>
> If I now use ildasm on the exe file I can't find this bell.gif in any place.
> I assume this resource file bell.gif must be shown
> somewhere.
>
> So my question is if it's possible to see this file bell.gif when I use the
> ildasm on the exe file.

The file is in the "resources" section of the executable file. I don't
recall if ildasm.exe shows the resources, but if it does, that's where
you'll find your resource.

Pete
From: Tony Johansson on
"Peter Duniho" <no.peted.spam(a)no.nwlink.spam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Tony Johansson wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I use the property BackgroundImage on the Form object and
>> add a file called bell.gif so a background image is shown on the form.
>>
>> If I now use ildasm on the exe file I can't find this bell.gif in any
>> place. I assume this resource file bell.gif must be shown
>> somewhere.
>>
>> So my question is if it's possible to see this file bell.gif when I use
>> the ildasm on the exe file.
>
> The file is in the "resources" section of the executable file. I don't
> recall if ildasm.exe shows the resources, but if it does, that's where
> you'll find your resource.
>
> Pete

If I made a search in the manifest section there is no bell.gif there.
But what is the resources section used for in the exe file then ?

//Tony

//Tony

Pages: 1
Prev: metadata