From: Keith G Hicks on
....but NOT Ingressor.

I've used Ingressor before. It's okay but has some very annoying flaws. The
worst one is that ever since I bought it I've had trouble with my license.
Randy gave me new keys a year or 2 ago but then today I couldn't run it
again. It thinks it's in demo mode and wants me to register it. When I did
that it told me that I'd exceeded licensed copies or something which is nuts
because nothing's changed on this machien since I first installed it a
couple of years ago. His copy protection security is far too paranoid and it
makes for a very unhappy customer IMO.

I'd like to find something else that I can edit the NK2 file with that works
well and doesn't have poorly designed licensing restrictions that get in the
way.

I'm currently using O2003.

Thanks,

Keith

From: VanguardLH on
Keith G Hicks wrote:

> ...but NOT Ingressor.
>
> I've used Ingressor before. It's okay but has some very annoying flaws. The
> worst one is that ever since I bought it I've had trouble with my license.
> Randy gave me new keys a year or 2 ago but then today I couldn't run it
> again. It thinks it's in demo mode and wants me to register it. When I did
> that it told me that I'd exceeded licensed copies or something which is nuts
> because nothing's changed on this machien since I first installed it a
> couple of years ago. His copy protection security is far too paranoid and it
> makes for a very unhappy customer IMO.
>
> I'd like to find something else that I can edit the NK2 file with that works
> well and doesn't have poorly designed licensing restrictions that get in the
> way.
>
> I'm currently using O2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html

Lets you view.
Lets you delete.
Don't see where you can edit (but then just enter it again to add to cache).

Personally I haven't needed it. The drop-down listbox showing the cache
when entering values in the To/Cc fields shows me what is there for any
starting character that I enter. Deleting is as easy as highlighting the
selection and hitting Del. Editing is as easy as simply entering anew the
deleted entry. However, I don't bother keeping thousands of entries cached
in the .nk2 file. In fact, the time it takes me to type in the rest of the
e-mail address isn't too much longer than having to select from a list, and
I know what I'm entering is correct versus a cached entry that might be old
or was wrong.
From: Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) on
"However, I don't bother keeping thousands of entries cached
in the .nk2 file. "

I believe that it only holds the last 1000 names used.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Choices are here: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp#tools

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <judy> wrote in message

> "However, I don't bother keeping thousands of entries cached
> in the .nk2 file. "
>
> I believe that it only holds the last 1000 names used.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that with Outlook 2007 it was increased to
2,000.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]