From: Rainald Taesler on
Sven wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>
>> Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
>> remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
>> manufacturer, just RTFM.
>> It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.
>
> What if TFM is on TFLaptop, or you need TFLaptop to get on TFWeb to
> download it ;)

ROFLMAO
I have heard saying that were days where one had printed FMs.

One workaround for this Catch22 situation might be to just be reactive
and let helpers who don't have crystal balls know
(a) what the problem really is and what "open up my laptop" means;
(b) which make and model of laptop.

Rainald

From: Sven on
;) yea. I kind of figure that English isn't language #1 for the OP. Always
impressed those folks even try to ask. They typically do way better than I
could in my second language asking in a technical forum. Maybe he will ask
again with some different words. If it is the logon password, Googling, or
Binging, for one of the assorted linux based password cracking boot disks
would likely do the trick, if he has a friend that can do that for him.
Since he posted though, must have some access to the ether.