From: ikzienietwathierstaat on
I have done some more trail and error stuff.

Connecting the disk (direct ethernet cable) the router and also a pc with a
direct ethernet cable there is not a problem.

The problem occures when I try to connect the PC with a wireless connection
to the router. The disk can not be found (error 000014f and 000013f). Even
if I disable wep security, mac-control, virusscanner and firewall can the
disk not be found

For your information I am using a sirecom WL-018 wirless router (maximum
throughput 11M) with Windows XP professional.

Can it be that the LPX protocol does not function with a 11M wireless
enviroment

Any thoughts?

From: Arno Wagner on
Previously ikzienietwathierstaat <abcde(a)fgh.ij> wrote:
> I have done some more trail and error stuff.

> Connecting the disk (direct ethernet cable) the router and also a pc with a
> direct ethernet cable there is not a problem.

> The problem occures when I try to connect the PC with a wireless connection

Aha!

> to the router. The disk can not be found (error 000014f and 000013f). Even
> if I disable wep security, mac-control, virusscanner and firewall can the
> disk not be found

> For your information I am using a sirecom WL-018 wirless router (maximum
> throughput 11M) with Windows XP professional.

> Can it be that the LPX protocol does not function with a 11M wireless
> enviroment

> Any thoughts?

Given the other information, I am inclined to believe the issue
is the slow wireless connection. Wireless is allways several orders
of magnitude slower with degard to delay. Throughput is also
a lot lower than vendors would have you believe. Typically
you get something like 30% of what the vendor states.

Arno

From: ikzienietwathierstaat on
thnx, would upgrading to a higher throuput wireless network help, or would
you not recomend netdisk in wireless networks at all?

From: Nik Simpson on
ikzienietwathierstaat wrote:
> thnx, would upgrading to a higher throuput wireless network help, or would
> you not recomend netdisk in wireless networks at all?

Can't hurt, but not guaranteed to help either.

--
Nik Simpson
From: Arno Wagner on
Previously ikzienietwathierstaat <abcde(a)fgh.ij> wrote:
> thnx, would upgrading to a higher throuput wireless network help, or would
> you not recomend netdisk in wireless networks at all?

Maybe a really fast would help enopugh, but I doubt it.
It seems the designers of this protocol messed up badly
(a common thing in the industry) by failing to take
realistic networking conditions into account. I would advise
you to stay with cabled connections. They have far, far
superiour properties.

Arno