From: JR on
is there such a thing?

i'm running vba to open a new word doc from a template, do some stuff, save
as pdf then close the doc

if i quit the app via vba and other instances are running I get a this file
is in use by another user, normal.dotm

if i quite the app via vba and no other instances are running I get not
error and word quits fine.

this seems like an instance management issue?

also if there are other instances are running, and i just close the doc and
not quit the app in vba, everything is fine. when i go to close the app
manually, i get the same normal.dotm error.

its like word apps opened by me manually and by vba seemed to have different
owners?

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
See the article "Control Word from Excel� at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/ControlWordFromXL.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.