From: Sam on
I have two string expressions, A and B, that I would like to check for case
match.
In my code I have

If A=B Then
do something
End If

I need for the comparison to be case sensitive. How can I do that?
Thanks so much!
Sam
From: Douglas J. Steele on
If StrComp(A, B, vbBinary) = 0 Then
do something
End If

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 07:33:01 -0800, Sam <Sam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have two string expressions, A and B, that I would like to check for case
>match.
>In my code I have
>
> If A=B Then
> do something
> End If
>
>I need for the comparison to be case sensitive. How can I do that?
>Thanks so much!
>Sam

Use the builtin StrComp() function:

If StrComp(A, B, vbBinaryCompare) = 0 Then

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
If you wanted ***all comparisons*** in your form to be Case Sensitive, at the
top of your code module you could replace

Option Compare Database

with

Option Compare Binary

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 22:32:32 GMT, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com"
<u28780(a)uwe> wrote:

>If you wanted ***all comparisons*** in your form to be Case Sensitive, at the
>top of your code module you could replace
>
>Option Compare Database
>
>with
>
>Option Compare Binary

Linq, won't that just make VBA comparisons case sensitive? My understanding is
that Queries will still be insensitive to case.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]