From: Simon Wright on
Ada novice <posts(a)gmx.us> writes:

> Looking at all this, I'm tempted to say how silly it is that Ada
> doesn't provide good numerics capabilities. Ada 05 brought a big
> improvement with more vector and matrix operations though it can't
> handle the eigenvalues computation of a non-symmetric matrix. The next
> version of Ada I read will be out in 2 years. I hope that there will
> be better facilities for scientific programming in Ada than there is
> today. Those on the Ada community should be made aware of the need for
> more scientific computing power in Ada.

I think you are too late: the draft for the relevant part of Ada2012 is
at http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/12rm/html/RM-G-3.html. I believe
that the gate closed in November '09.

The issues on Ada2005 are at http://www.ada-auth.org/AI05-SUMMARY.HTML,
none of them ask for extended matrix operations, so no wonder there's no
change.

I know this is a chicken-and-egg thing.
From: jonathan on
On Jul 12, 9:13 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:
> jonathan <johns...(a)googlemail.com> writes:
> > Finally! The test routine is user unfriendly.  (I hope you fix it up
> > for the rest of us.) You have to enter numbers.
>
> Actually, there's a file test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat ...

.... and you have to enter these somehow, without prompt or
instruction.
In my Linux BASH shell it seems to be straightforward:

../test_generic_complex_eigenvalues <
test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat > output.txt

I hope that's right. Now if I compare with the expected output,

diff output.txt test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.out

I find that all of the numbers in the 2 files are different. Anything
worry about? (I say no;-)

J.
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 12, 11:09 pm, jonathan <johns...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:13 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:
>
> > jonathan <johns...(a)googlemail.com> writes:
> > > Finally! The test routine is user unfriendly.  (I hope you fix it up
> > > for the rest of us.) You have to enter numbers.
>
> > Actually, there's a file test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat ...
>
> ... and you have to enter these somehow, without prompt or
> instruction.
> In my Linux BASH shell it seems to be straightforward:
>
> ./test_generic_complex_eigenvalues <
> test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat > output.txt
>
> I hope that's right.  Now if I compare with the expected output,
>
> diff  output.txt  test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.out
>
> I find that all of the numbers in the 2 files are different.  Anything
> worry about?  (I say no;-)
>
> J.

I haven't had the time to test the dat file yet. Just one reminder
which I quote from an earlier post:

The program doesn't exit well however. When the program
(test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.ada) it will display the results but
in my GPS editor the line 102 is highlighted. This is where the
program stops. If the program would run fine then I would have finally
got this line displayed: DONE test_generic_complex_eigenvalues (at the
bottom of test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.ada).

Do you have the same problem?

YC
From: Ada novice on
On Jul 12, 11:09 pm, jonathan <johns...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:13 pm, Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org> wrote:
>
> > jonathan <johns...(a)googlemail.com> writes:
> > > Finally! The test routine is user unfriendly.  (I hope you fix it up
> > > for the rest of us.) You have to enter numbers.
>
> > Actually, there's a file test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat ...
>
> ... and you have to enter these somehow, without prompt or
> instruction.
> In my Linux BASH shell it seems to be straightforward:
>
> ./test_generic_complex_eigenvalues <
> test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.dat > output.txt
>
> I hope that's right.  Now if I compare with the expected output,
>
> diff  output.txt  test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.out
>
> I find that all of the numbers in the 2 files are different.  Anything
> worry about?  (I say no;-)
>
> J.

I haven't had the time to test the dat file. One question from an

From: Ada novice on
I haven't had the time to test the dat file. One question from an
earlier post:

The program doesn't exit well however. When the program
(test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.ada) it will display the results but
in my GPS editor the line 102 is highlighted. This is where the
program stops. If the program would run fine then I would have finally
got this line displayed: DONE test_generic_complex_eigenvalues (at the
bottom of test_generic_complex_eigenvalues.ada).

Do you have the same problem?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Truncating a fixed-point value