From: fitta on
Hi, being new to Ada I'm looking for a matrix package that can compute
eigenvalues and eigenvectors. I understand that Ada 05 can only do
this for symmetric matrices. I read that there was one package --- Ada
95 matrix package that was developed at Drexel University. It is
supposed to be located at:

http://dflwww.ece.drexel.edu/

but the link is dead. A search on the web has directed me to this
site:

http://www.taygeta.com/ada.html

but the compressed file for Ada 95 matrix package is corrupted.

Does anyone know where I can find the above-mentioned package? And are
there other alternatives or other packages?

Thanks.
From: MRE on
Hi Fitta,

downloading the packages from http://www.taygeta.com/ada.html and
decompressing worked without a problem for me.

Everything compiled nicely and works.

Maybe you could try it again?

Best regards,

Marc

From: fitta on
Thanks a lot. I could unzip it now. I have been using PeaZip to unzip
the package and it wasn't working. I've tried with 7-zip and the
decompression went fine. Thanks for letting me know---I had blind
faith in PeaZip! So I see:
Ada 95 Matrix Math Package
Version 1.01
First Release, August 1996
Current Release, September 1996

and

also that a to-do for this package remains: implement eigenvectors/
eigenvalues, singular value decomposition, and inverses for complex
matrices.

I haven't try the package yet but I'll hope it'll work for a real non-
symmetric matrix.

Thanks a lot again.
From: tmoran on
> Version 1.01
> First Release, August 1996
> Current Release, September 1996

The version I have (apparently downloaded in 2005) has

Version 1.02
First Release, August 1996
Current Release, December 1996
Changes since 1.01:
* fixed a bug that could allow exceptions to occur with vector and
matrix indices at the extreme limits of Integer (thanks to Mars
Gralia for notifying me of this)
* some reoganization of algorithms in Generic_Real_Arrays.Operations
* cosmetic fix to real_arrays_operations_test to print final
results message

The to-do list is the same, plus
* adapt some of the very robust LAPACK algorithms to the package
From: Simon Wright on

This is the one from http://www.taygeta.com/ada.html

This is the one from http://archive.adaic.com/ase/ase02_02/comps/math1/