From: Janis on
I am trying to start managment services and I get the erro
"Setup library medctroc.dll could not be loaded, or function
MedCtrOCISetupProc could not be found.
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e"
What do I do
thanks,
From: glee on
"Janis" <Janis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to start managment services and I get the erro
> "Setup library medctroc.dll could not be loaded, or function
> MedCtrOCISetupProc could not be found.
> Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e"
> What do I do
> thanks,

medctroc.dll should be in the "C:\Windows\system32\setup" folder
medctroc.inf should be in the " C:\Windows\inf" folder
(This assumes you have Windows installed to C:\Windows)

See if you have them there, or anywhere else by following the procedures
below.

Follow the procedure here to show all hidden files and folders:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

Then use Start> Search, click to search for a file, and search your
system drive for: medctroc
Be sure to check-mark the box in Search Options for "Advanced Options",
and check the boxes for Search System Folders, Search Hidden Files and
Folders, and Search Sub-folders.

Post back with the search results.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Janis on
I have medctroc and medctroc.PNF in the c:\WINDPWS.inf directory but not
medctroc.inf.
I do not have medctroc.dll in the c:\windows\system32\setup folder.
Do you know if SQL Server Express 2005 works on Windows XP HOme?
thanks

From: glee on
medctroc with no extension in the inf folder? Did you adjust the View
settings as described in the link I gave, to show all files, and also
NOT to hide extensions for known file types? Do you see other files
with an .inf extension in the Windows\inf folder?

Did your seach not find any medctroc.inf and dll at
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386?

What does SQL Server Express 2005 have to do with this question?

From: Janis on
Okay, sorry about that. I did find the medctroc.inf in c:\windows\inf
but still there was no medctroc.dll in the c:\windows\system32\setup
where do I get this dll file so I can turn on management services control
panel?
I can't install Adobe CS4 dreamweaver. It stalls on the setup.
Likewise SQL Server 2005 Express. I can not run setup or turn on management
services.
All this started because I am getting errors on these installations.
thanks for your help.