From: Andrew E. on
You almost had it,in diskmgmt.msc,L.click on the drive,go to actions,
all,locate & select "make active"...

From: SC Tom on
Don't believe you can do that with a pen drive.
--
SC Tom

From: Peter Foldes on
Andrew E. is the resident idiot here who continually gives wrong and dangerous
answers

--
Peter

From: Terry R. on
On 2/26/2010 4:14 PM On a whim, lenny109 pounded out on the keyboard

> I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it plugs
> into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't formatted do you
> want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment but I also can't recover
> any files. I have tried a number of programs including DDR Pen Drive
> Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but neither of them find any files at
> all. If I look on Windows Disk Management it can see the drive (K) and size
> and also says that it is healthy but again I can't access it.
>
> What else can I try to recover the files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

And to think people actually store backups on these. And they argue
with me about their reliability...

Terry R.
From: philo on
lenny109 wrote:
> I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it plugs
> into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't formatted do you
> want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment but I also can't recover
> any files. I have tried a number of programs including DDR Pen Drive
> Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but neither of them find any files at
> all. If I look on Windows Disk Management it can see the drive (K) and size
> and also says that it is healthy but again I can't access it.
>
> What else can I try to recover the files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

The drive is probably bad and probably unrecoverable.

I assume she deleted the files from the harddrive...and if so
you may have better luck running a data recovery program there.

Of course...the more the drive was used...the less likely it is for the
files to be recovered.

If this is the case....stop using the machine at once

and slave the drive to another machine (or put it in a USB enclosure)

then run the recovery program from the other machine