From: lenny109 on

I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it plugs
into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't formatted do you
want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment but I also can't recover
any files. I have tried a number of programs including DDR Pen Drive
Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but neither of them find any files at
all. If I look on Windows Disk Management it can see the drive (K) and size
and also says that it is healthy but again I can't access it.

What else can I try to recover the files?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

From: John Inzer on
lenny109 wrote:
> I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it
> plugs into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't
> formatted do you want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment
> but I also can't recover any files. I have tried a number of programs
> including DDR Pen Drive Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but
> neither of them find any files at all. If I look on Windows Disk
> Management it can see the drive (K) and size and also says that it is
> healthy but again I can't access it.
> What else can I try to recover the files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this one.
================================
It may produce similar results...but maybe
the freeware Recuva would be worth a try:

Recuva - File Recovery
http://www.recuva.com/

Recover lost files with Recuva
http://www.vista4beginners.com/recuva

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: poatt on
Have you tried it on another computer?

From: Bill in Co. on
lenny109 wrote:
> I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it plugs
> into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't formatted do
> you
> want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment but I also can't
> recover
> any files. I have tried a number of programs including DDR Pen Drive
> Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but neither of them find any files at
> all. If I look on Windows Disk Management it can see the drive (K) and
> size
> and also says that it is healthy but again I can't access it.
>
> What else can I try to recover the files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

Possibly Easeus Deleted File Recovery, or Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.

From: HeyBub on
lenny109 wrote:
> I (my daughter) have a USB Pen drive with work on it. Today when it
> plugs into the computer it gives the message that the drive isn't
> formatted do you want to format it. Well obviously not at the moment
> but I also can't recover any files. I have tried a number of programs
> including DDR Pen Drive Recovery and Ontrack Easy Recovery but
> neither of them find any files at all. If I look on Windows Disk
> Management it can see the drive (K) and size and also says that it is
> healthy but again I can't access it.
> What else can I try to recover the files?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

Good luck. If you do recover the files, put the stick in the trash.

Thumb drives have a limited lifespan. Very limited.