From: Mike Row Soft on
I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images I
scan using the document feeder. If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
separate jpegs, when I want just one single file. How can I set the Scanner
Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
merged files?
From: LVTravel on

"Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge images
> scan using the document feeder. If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
> separate jpegs, when I want just one single file. How can I set the
> Scanner
> Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
> merged files?

Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
wizard." Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent programs
and settings for the scanner program.

Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program, etc would
be really nice to know for us to help you?

From: Mike Row Soft on
I'm using a Brother MFC-8500. However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
Accessories.

From: Bob I on
Output as TIF files, that way you may have multiple pages in the file.

From: LVTravel on

> I'm using a Brother MFC-8500. However, the Scanner Wizard is part of XP
> Accessories.
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>

>> "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I got a new hard drive and the Scanner Wizard will no longer merge
>> > images
>> > scan using the document feeder. If I scan a 10-page document, I get 10
>> > separate jpegs, when I want just one single file. How can I set the
>> > Scanner
>> > Wizard to scan documents coming through the document feeder into single
>> > merged files?
>>
>> Look at the documentation that came with your scanner and the "scanner
>> wizard." Contact technical support for the manufacturer of the scanner.
>> After the new hard drive installation you reinstalled all pertinent
>> programs
>> and settings for the scanner program.
>>
>> Otherwise, what type of scanner, who supplied the scanner program, etc
>> would
>> be really nice to know for us to help you?
>>
>> .

OK, have you tried to use the Brother software as the scanner software,
(using my Epson I prefer to use their scanning software for document feeder
scanning to MS Document imaging which is part of Office and have never use
the XP scanner software so I didn't even remember it existed, sorry.)

What you are seeing is normally what you should see when scanning pages of
anything. Try Bob I's suggestion because TIF files can have more than one
image in the file (but can be a bear of a job using them in other programs.)

What is your ultimate goal in scanning the images? Single images can be
used in almost any program to create what you want. We just don't know what
you want to accomplish with the scanned document.