From: B on
On 1/1/2010 10:47 AM, Hank Arnold wrote:
> Hank Arnold wrote:
>> I've installed Q10 over Q09. Install actually went very well. I do,
>> though have two issues that I hope others have seen a work around for.
>> Here is issue #1:
>>
>> ========================
>> Whenever I did a backup (just about every time I exited the app), I
>> would save it in a folder E:\Finance\Backups\Quicken2009\ddmmmyy
>> (day/month/year). The application itself is in C:\Program
>> Files\Quicken\. When I initiated a backup, it would show my last
>> backup location and I could modify it to be the new location with a
>> couple of keystrokes. It would prompt me that it didn't exist and let
>> me create it.
>>
>> Now, with Q10, it displays the last backup location, but won't let it
>> modify it. If I select "Browse, it insists on going to the active
>> database location. I have to drill down to the right folder and create
>> a new folder. Then it backs up to where I want.
>>
>> Anyone figured out how to modify this? Even if it was just to go to
>> the location of the last backup when I browse, it would be much better..
>>

> Looks like I've resolved this issue. By going into
> Edit/Preferences/Quicken preferences/Setup/Backup. I set the "Manual
> Backup Reminder" to "remind me after running Quicken" to "1".
>
> Actually, a nice feature... I had turned it off (set at 0) to stop it
> reminding me every 5 times I exited Q.
>
> Hope this helps others....

Based on the changes to backup in Q2010 you might find you approach no
longer necessary. In the past backup created a series of files and it
made sense to use create a folder named for the date. But the new
Quicken creates a single file each time you create a backup and it can
automatically include the date in the name of the backup file.
Essentially giving you the same thing you were doing in the past, but
doing it for you automatically.

Bernie