From: quantumburnz on
Wow, so this is a completely new error message to me, I've never seen
anything like this before. I found it in my System event log. Is this
really telling me my power supply sucks?

Source: nv
Category: none
Event ID: 111
Silent Running: HW clock slowdown due to missing Auxiliary Power.

From: DP on

You're not on a laptop, right?

From: quantumburnz on
Nope, deffinately a desktop with a P4 630 (3.0 Ghz) and 1GB RAM with a 300W
ATX Allied Power Supply.

From: John Barnes on
I have seen a similar warning when the video card (Nvidia) is slowed (I get
this occasionally when the temperature in the computer room is low and I use
a hair dryer thru one of the fan ports for about 1 manure to warm it up.
Works for me and avoids the message. The Auxiliary power cable is plugged
into the motherboard. I previously upgraded from a 430w ps to a 600w ps and
that made no difference.

From: John Barnes on
Just to clarify, the SLI auxiliary video power cable is plugged in
(required, even though I don't have a second video card) and I warm it up
before I turn on the computer. Never have the message when it has been
warmed.

"John Barnes" <jbfoofy(a)email.net> wrote in message
>I have seen a similar warning when the video card (Nvidia) is slowed (I get
>this occasionally when the temperature in the computer room is low and I
>use a hair dryer thru one of the fan ports for about 1 manure to warm it
>up. Works for me and avoids the message. The Auxiliary power cable is
>plugged into the motherboard. I previously upgraded from a 430w ps to a
>600w ps and that made no difference.
>

> "quantumburnz" <quantumburnz(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Wow, so this is a completely new error message to me, I've never seen
>> anything like this before. I found it in my System event log. Is this
>> really telling me my power supply sucks?
>>
>> Source: nv
>> Category: none
>> Event ID: 111
>> Silent Running: HW clock slowdown due to missing Auxiliary Power.
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: VDS Basic Provider 1.0 error ?
Next: regsvr32