From: Stevan on
Hi,

I am trying to register some .dll's using regsver32 which is located in
the system32 directory. However i get the error message

LoadLibrary (dll path) failed - The specified module could not be
found

Please help!

Kind Regards

Steve

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Are the .DLLs you're trying to register 64-bit or 32-bit? And are you
calling regsrv from within a 32-bit program? or from a 64-bit program.

There are two versions of regsrv32 - the 64-bit one in system32, and the
32-bit one in SysWOW64.

There's good documentation on this on the MSDN site.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

From: Admiral Q on
Wouldn't that be the other way around, the 32-bit version in system32 and
the 64-bit version in SysWOW64?

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
Google is your friend!

From: Jane Colman on
No ;)

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
You'd think so, wouldn't you. But you'd be wrong. SysWOW64 is the system
folder for WOW64. Which is Windows on Windows 64-bit - the translation
subsystem for 32-bit applications.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Admiral Q wrote:
> Wouldn't that be the other way around, the 32-bit version in system32 and
> the 64-bit version in SysWOW64?
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote in message
>> Are the .DLLs you're trying to register 64-bit or 32-bit? And are you
>> calling regsrv from within a 32-bit program? or from a 64-bit program.
>>
>> There are two versions of regsrv32 - the 64-bit one in system32, and the
>> 32-bit one in SysWOW64.
>>
>> There's good documentation on this on the MSDN site.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Stevan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to register some .dll's using regsver32 which is located in
>>> the system32 directory. However i get the error message
>>>
>>> LoadLibrary (dll path) failed - The specified module could not be
>>> found
>>>
>>> Please help!
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>>
>>> Steve