From: Johan Wouters on
I downloaded an avi file and I seem to get a image stream in Mplayer, but no
sound. An error message tells me missing audio codec.

With several other progs I tried to figure out more about the missing codec:

Video data source FOURCC code H264
Audio data tag 28781

0x706D audio codec format

FAAD/AAC mpeg 2/4 advanced audio coding

I am dying to experience the full audio of this track, pls help me out

Johan

From: houghi on
Johan Wouters wrote:
> I downloaded an avi file and I seem to get a image stream in Mplayer, but no
> sound. An error message tells me missing audio codec.
>
> With several other progs I tried to figure out more about the missing codec:
>
> Video data source FOURCC code H264
> Audio data tag 28781
>
> 0x706D audio codec format
>
> FAAD/AAC mpeg 2/4 advanced audio coding
>
> I am dying to experience the full audio of this track, pls help me out

Where could we download the file? I have never experienced such
behavious, so I would be willing to see what happens here.
Also: How did you install MPlayer and does it work on other things?

--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF,
From: Johan Wouters on
I found it via emule, it's about 127MB so I can't email it.

I use suse 10.0 and I used YAST to instal MPlayer, works fine with other
samples.

Must be a known issue because I read something that I found via Google.

From: Theo v. Werkhoven on
The carbonbased lifeform Johan Wouters inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
> I downloaded an avi file and I seem to get a image stream in Mplayer, but no
> sound. An error message tells me missing audio codec.
>
> With several other progs I tried to figure out more about the missing codec:
>
> Video data source FOURCC code H264
> Audio data tag 28781
>
> 0x706D audio codec format
>
> FAAD/AAC mpeg 2/4 advanced audio coding
>
> I am dying to experience the full audio of this track, pls help me out

Mine's got a codec for AAC:
'mplayer -ac help'
faad faad working FAAD AAC (MPEG2/MPEG4 Audio) decoder [libfaad2]

$ rpm -q faad2
faad2-2.0-0.pm.5

Have a look on Packman.

Theo
--
theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB
From: graham on
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:05:13 +0100, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:

> The carbonbased lifeform Johan Wouters inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
>> I downloaded an avi file and I seem to get a image stream in Mplayer, but no
>> sound. An error message tells me missing audio codec.
>>
>> With several other progs I tried to figure out more about the missing codec:
>>
>> Video data source FOURCC code H264
>> Audio data tag 28781
>>
>> 0x706D audio codec format
>>
>> FAAD/AAC mpeg 2/4 advanced audio coding
>>
>> I am dying to experience the full audio of this track, pls help me out
>
> Mine's got a codec for AAC:
> 'mplayer -ac help'
> faad faad working FAAD AAC (MPEG2/MPEG4 Audio) decoder [libfaad2]
>
> $ rpm -q faad2
> faad2-2.0-0.pm.5
>
> Have a look on Packman.
>
> Theo