From: Helmut Schneider on
Mike Scott wrote:

> That about sums it up.
>
> I upgraded php5 lately (now at 5.2.12_1, running on fbsd 6.x), and
> preg_replace has 'gone missing'. I thought there was supposed to
> be(*) a php5-pcre port, but there's no sign of this on the ports tree
> (there is a php4-pcre though).
>
> Can anyone help please - I have a thoroughly broken web page at
> present!!
>
> (*) eg
> http://theserverpages.com/php/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php
> although that's rather dated. I'm almost sure I had this installed
> and the php5 upgrade removed it as it was supposed to be in the base
> package.

pcre is now part of php-base so preg_replace should be fine, what's
wrong?

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn
From: Mike Scott on
Helmut Schneider wrote:
> Mike Scott wrote:
>
>> That about sums it up.
>>
>> I upgraded php5 lately (now at 5.2.12_1, running on fbsd 6.x), and
>> preg_replace has 'gone missing'. I thought there was supposed to
>> be(*) a php5-pcre port, but there's no sign of this on the ports tree
>> (there is a php4-pcre though).
>>
>> Can anyone help please - I have a thoroughly broken web page at
>> present!!
>>
>> (*) eg
>> http://theserverpages.com/php/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php
>> although that's rather dated. I'm almost sure I had this installed
>> and the php5 upgrade removed it as it was supposed to be in the base
>> package.
>
> pcre is now part of php-base so preg_replace should be fine, what's
> wrong?

It wasn't there - apache was logging undefined procedure calls for it.

As it happens, I've since reinstalled php5 again (another version bump
for some reason) which didn't fix the issue (yes, I did restart apache)
and then I reinstalled the few php extras I use - and now it works fine.
So goodness knows what was up - a routine in the base package apparently
wasn't there, but adding a few irrelevant php modules brought it back.

I'm obviously not seeing something, but it works now, so I'll just be
thankful.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

Pages: 1
Prev: No X after upgrade
Next: Which Samba?