From: Tim Meddick on
I mentioned all this in my own reply to "Sysu" earlier today...

I also mentioned that I agreed with you.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: glee on
Ah, pays to read the other replies BEFORE I reply, eh? ;-)

From: Sysu on
Thanks for the sound advice T. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
I needed to update my Bios from A00 to A05 at Dell drivers and downloads
site. Also, I was not using the arrows and spacebar correctly to make
adjustments and hit F1 to help understand what they did.omg

Then went to the manufacturer's website (Samsung) for more info on the
drivers and device since the drivers installed but device itself was not
recognized by Windows at startup (code 41). They did have an 'Upgrade' for my
DVD/CDROM Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F that I did not find on Windows or
Microsoft forums/driver info.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Voila...it is working!

OH, In the "Find" box I typed Cd-Rw 248F. There is a drop down menu as you
type. They have the manuals for download too. It is FREE! The upgrade and
manual.

Thank you again for your time and informative input.

From: Sysu on
I forgot to mention: Whether or not it says Manual or Firmware by your
driver/device click on it anyway, it takes you to the page for both. Also,
being so proud of myself, Error: I typed 'cdrw' in the Find box.

From: Tim Meddick on
I am really glad to hear that you got it sorted....

....and thankyou very much for posting your success in resolving your issue.

==

>I forgot to mention....
>
> < clipped >

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last