From: heavytull on
i put some file in a directory called 'root' in my home directory
#cd ~

i put isolinux.bin and isolinux.boot in root/boot/
now i call mkisofs
~$ mkisofs -o
myiso.iso -v -R -A 'label' -V 'label' -no-emul-boot -boot-info-table -boot-load-size
4 -b root/boot/isolinux.bin -c root/boot/isolinux.boot root/*
mkisofs 2.01.01a23 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'root/boot/'!

mkisofs returns the above error while the boot catalog directory root/boot/ is
actually there.

--
heavytull
From: §ñühw¤£f on
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:17:57 +0200
heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> wasted precious bandwith with:

> i put some file in a directory called 'root' in my home directory
> #cd ~
>
> i put isolinux.bin and isolinux.boot in root/boot/
> now i call mkisofs
> ~$ mkisofs -o
> myiso.iso -v -R -A 'label' -V 'label' -no-emul-boot
> -boot-info-table -boot-load-size 4 -b root/boot/isolinux.bin -c
> root/boot/isolinux.boot root/* mkisofs 2.01.01a23
> (i686-pc-linux-gnu) mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog
> directory 'root/boot/'!
>
> mkisofs returns the above error while the boot catalog directory
> root/boot/ is actually there.

Why bother with all that when you could just use x-cdroast to burn
your disks?
:(

From: heavytull on
���hw��f wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:17:57 +0200
> heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> wasted precious bandwith with:
>
>> i put some file in a directory called 'root' in my home directory
>> #cd ~
>>
>> i put isolinux.bin and isolinux.boot in root/boot/
>> now i call mkisofs
>> ~$ mkisofs -o
>> myiso.iso -v -R -A 'label' -V 'label' -no-emul-boot
>> -boot-info-table -boot-load-size 4 -b root/boot/isolinux.bin -c
>> root/boot/isolinux.boot root/* mkisofs 2.01.01a23
>> (i686-pc-linux-gnu) mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog
>> directory 'root/boot/'!
>>
>> mkisofs returns the above error while the boot catalog directory
>> root/boot/ is actually there.
>>
> Why bother with all that when you could just use x-cdroast to burn
> your disks?
shut up

--
heavytull
From: Michael C. on
heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> i put some file in a directory called 'root' in my home directory
> #cd ~
>
> i put isolinux.bin and isolinux.boot in root/boot/
> now i call mkisofs
> ~$ mkisofs -o myiso.iso -v -R -A 'label' -V 'label' \
> -no-emul-boot -boot-info-table -boot-load-size 4 -b \
> root/boot/isolinux.bin -c root/boot/isolinux.boot root/*
> mkisofs 2.01.01a23 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
> mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory
> 'root/boot/'!
>
> mkisofs returns the above error while the boot catalog directory
> root/boot/ is actually there.

It's been a little while, but iirc, -b /boot/isolinux.boot is probably
what you need. Dido for -c. The paths should be relative to the root
of the iso.

HTH,

Michael C.
--
mjchappell(a)verizon.net http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo. Please use in that order. - Ed Howdershelt
From: Michael C. on
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:48:53 -0600,
���hw��f <snuhwolf(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:17:57 +0200
> heavytull <heavytull(a)hotmail.com> wasted precious bandwith with:
>
> > i put some file in a directory called 'root' in my home directory
> > #cd ~
> >
> > i put isolinux.bin and isolinux.boot in root/boot/
> > now i call mkisofs
> > ~$ mkisofs -o
> > myiso.iso -v -R -A 'label' -V 'label' -no-emul-boot
> > -boot-info-table -boot-load-size 4 -b root/boot/isolinux.bin -c
> > root/boot/isolinux.boot root/* mkisofs 2.01.01a23
> > (i686-pc-linux-gnu) mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog
> > directory 'root/boot/'!
> >
> > mkisofs returns the above error while the boot catalog directory
> > root/boot/ is actually there.
> >
> Why bother with all that when you could just use x-cdroast to burn
> your disks?
> :(

If you're going to do something once, use the GUI, if you're going to
be doing it multiple times, use a script:)

Michael C.
--
mjchappell(a)verizon.net http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

Someone asked me the difference between ignorance and apathy,
I told them I don't know and I don't care.