From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
"Robert" <robert(a)locumpoint.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any difference between internet on 2g versus 3g phones other
> than speed. For example can the 3g phones handle content that 2g
> phones cannot?
>
> Our car broke down whilst on holiday and we were looking for the
> nearest Vauxhall dealer. On our 2g phone we couldn't use the "find
> your dealer" bit on their web site because it was in flash.
>
> I'm not phone-savvy, do all phones or only some or none at all,
> display flash?
>
> I'm thinking it is time to upgrade the handset and I'm not sure what
> to look for. TIA

Proper Flash on mobile phones is only just beginning to be available.

Some type of phone have had a cut down mobile version of Flash for quite a
while but as far as I know it only works if the website is specifically made
to use it rather than normal Flash.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
ng(a)bgdsv.co.uk

From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
"Robert" <robert(a)locumpoint.com> wrote in message
> Is there any difference between internet on 2g versus 3g phones other
> than speed. For example can the 3g phones handle content that 2g
> phones cannot?

No it's only the speed.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)