From: Meat Plow on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:25:13 -0700, Mike De Petris wrote:

> On Aug 13, 4:23 pm, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > no problems on the connector
>> > tried different power supplies, even stabilized laboratory psu
>>
>> Did you try cleaning the air ducts? When on batter the CPU 'may' be at
>> a reduced clock speed via Toshiba Power Management when on battery.
>> When on the PSU, the CPU will go to full speed and may just be over
>> heating.
>>
>> Food for thought --
>
> thank you, anyway please consider the laptop is completely teared a
> part, non problems of air flow, and when connectinh power it locks
> immediately even if in the BIOS pages

Had no way of knowing since you didn't mention these additional facts in
your original post.

From: Mike De Petris on
On Aug 13, 6:41 pm, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:25:13 -0700, Mike De Petris wrote:

> >> Did you try cleaning the air ducts? When on batter the CPU 'may' be at
> >> a reduced clock speed via Toshiba Power Management when on battery.
> >> When on the PSU, the CPU will go to full speed and may just be over
> >> heating.
>
> >> Food for thought --
>
> > thank you, anyway please consider the laptop is completely teared a
> > part, non problems of air flow, and when connectinh power it locks
> > immediately even if in the BIOS pages
>
> Had no way of knowing since you didn't mention these additional facts in
> your original post.

I'm sorry, I'm just forgetting pieces as I wrote this long story many
time in different newsgroups and forums, and still need to find a
solution.

Anyway I can still use the laptop on battery, or giving 12V with an
ATX PSU in place of the positive battery pole, leaving other battery
contacts in place.

From: Meat Plow on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:14:22 -0700, Mike De Petris wrote:

> On Aug 13, 6:41 pm, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > thank you, anyway please consider the laptop is completely teared a
>> > part, non problems of air flow, and when connectinh power it locks
>> > immediately even if in the BIOS pages
>>
>> Had no way of knowing since you didn't mention these additional facts
>> in your original post.
>
> I'm sorry, I'm just forgetting pieces as I wrote this long story many
> time in different newsgroups and forums, and still need to find a
> solution.
>
> Anyway I can still use the laptop on battery, or giving 12V with an ATX
> PSU in place of the positive battery pole, leaving other battery
> contacts in place.

Usually those things run off a 19 volt 95 watt PSU.

From: Ken on
Mike De Petris wrote:
> On Aug 13, 6:41 pm, Meat Plow<mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> thank you, anyway please consider the laptop is completely teared a
>>> part, non problems of air flow, and when connectinh power it locks
>>> immediately even if in the BIOS pages
>>
>> Had no way of knowing since you didn't mention these additional facts in
>> your original post.
>
> I'm sorry, I'm just forgetting pieces as I wrote this long story many
> time in different newsgroups and forums, and still need to find a
> solution.
>
> Anyway I can still use the laptop on battery, or giving 12V with an
> ATX PSU in place of the positive battery pole, leaving other battery
> contacts in place.

Have you looked at the MB power bus (+5v I would assume) for ripple
when you attach the external power supply?
From: Mike De Petris on
On Aug 13, 9:54 pm, Ken <K...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>         Have you looked at the MB power bus (+5v I would assume) for ripple
> when you attach the external power supply?

this is what I am asking for, I tought I should measure it at the
socket pin holes, how can I idetify the +5V line on the motherboard?

And how would you measure (and fix the cause) a ripple on the bus? I
have a couple of scopes and multimeters for that, but how?