From: Mike De Petris on
My laptop freezes when I connect the power cord, works well on battery
only.

I want to check the motherbard in search for the faulty component,
where could I find pinouts and voltages to check for?

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4577 (PSAF0U-01Q009)

Laptop Motherboard: MAIN BOARD 945GM. Main Board 945GM EXC+51 CA+MIC
MDC 1310A2120812 Alternate Part Numbers: V000108030

Processor:
LF80537 T5300
5648B999 SL9WE
1.73/2M/533
INTEL... copyright 06
From: Ken on
Mike De Petris wrote:
> My laptop freezes when I connect the power cord, works well on battery
> only.
>
> I want to check the motherbard in search for the faulty component,
> where could I find pinouts and voltages to check for?
>
> Toshiba Satellite A205-S4577 (PSAF0U-01Q009)
>
> Laptop Motherboard: MAIN BOARD 945GM. Main Board 945GM EXC+51 CA+MIC
> MDC 1310A2120812 Alternate Part Numbers: V000108030
>
> Processor:
> LF80537 T5300
> 5648B999 SL9WE
> 1.73/2M/533
> INTEL... copyright 06

I don't know about acquiring a schematic for trouble shooting the MB,
but the first thing I would do is test the power adapter with a load
attached. I have repaired several that output the correct voltage but
failed to regulate when loaded down.

Also, some Toshiba Satellite computers were notorious for having power
connector problems. I trust this computer does NOT have such a problem?
From: Mike De Petris on
On Aug 13, 1:43 pm, Ken <K...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
> Mike De Petris wrote:
> > My laptop freezes when I connect the power cord, works well on battery
> > only.
>
> > I want to check the motherbard in search for the faulty component,
> > where could I find pinouts and voltages to check for?
>
> > Toshiba Satellite A205-S4577 (PSAF0U-01Q009)
>
> > Laptop Motherboard: MAIN BOARD 945GM. Main Board 945GM EXC+51 CA+MIC
> > MDC 1310A2120812 Alternate Part Numbers: V000108030
>
> > Processor:
> > LF80537    T5300
> > 5648B999  SL9WE
> > 1.73/2M/533
> > INTEL... copyright 06
>
>         I don't know about acquiring a schematic for trouble shooting the MB,
> but the first thing I would do is test the power adapter with a load
> attached.  I have repaired several that output the correct voltage but
> failed to regulate when loaded down.
>
>         Also, some Toshiba Satellite computers were notorious for having power
> connector problems.  I trust this computer does NOT have such a problem?

no problems on the connector
tried different power supplies, even stabilized laboratory psu
From: Meat Plow on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 04:55:24 -0700, Mike De Petris wrote:

> On Aug 13, 1:43 pm, Ken <K...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>> Mike De Petris wrote:
>> > My laptop freezes when I connect the power cord, works well on
>> > battery only.
>>
>> > I want to check the motherbard in search for the faulty component,
>> > where could I find pinouts and voltages to check for?
>>
>> > Toshiba Satellite A205-S4577 (PSAF0U-01Q009)
>>
>> > Laptop Motherboard: MAIN BOARD 945GM. Main Board 945GM EXC+51 CA+MIC
>> > MDC 1310A2120812 Alternate Part Numbers: V000108030
>>
>> > Processor:
>> > LF80537    T5300
>> > 5648B999  SL9WE
>> > 1.73/2M/533
>> > INTEL... copyright 06
>>
>>         I don't know about acquiring a schematic for trouble
>>         shooting the MB,
>> but the first thing I would do is test the power adapter with a load
>> attached.  I have repaired several that output the correct voltage but
>> failed to regulate when loaded down.
>>
>>         Also, some Toshiba Satellite computers were notorious for
>>         having power
>> connector problems.  I trust this computer does NOT have such a
>> problem?
>
> no problems on the connector
> tried different power supplies, even stabilized laboratory psu

Did you try cleaning the air ducts? When on batter the CPU 'may' be at a
reduced clock speed via Toshiba Power Management when on battery. When on
the PSU, the CPU will go to full speed and may just be over heating.

Food for thought --

From: Mike De Petris on
On Aug 13, 4:23 pm, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 04:55:24 -0700, Mike De Petris wrote:

> >>         I don't know about acquiring a schematic for trouble
> >>         shooting the MB,
> >> but the first thing I would do is test the power adapter with a load
> >> attached.  I have repaired several that output the correct voltage but
> >> failed to regulate when loaded down.
>
> >>         Also, some Toshiba Satellite computers were notorious for
> >>         having power
> >> connector problems.  I trust this computer does NOT have such a
> >> problem?
>
> > no problems on the connector
> > tried different power supplies, even stabilized laboratory psu
>
> Did you try cleaning the air ducts? When on batter the CPU 'may' be at a
> reduced clock speed via Toshiba Power Management when on battery. When on
> the PSU, the CPU will go to full speed and may just be over heating.
>
> Food for thought --

thank you, anyway please consider the laptop is completely teared a
part, non problems of air flow, and when connectinh power it locks
immediately even if in the BIOS pages