From: RAM on
I had to move a mailbox from one database to another. Worked fine,
except that there was a "ghost" left in the original database - it
showed up with a red X on it and a size of 74K. Fine, I've seen that
before and not had a problem.

Well, now I have a problem - I need to move the mailbox back to its
original database, but I get the following error in the Exchange Task
Wizard log:

<progress code="0" milliseconds="12266">Preparing mailbox to be
moved.</progress>
- <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1041722">
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the
specified object.

I can move this mailbox to any other database in my system. I can move
other mailboxes to the database that I need to put this one in.

I have run the cleanup agent on the database and re-tried the move -
no good.

I waited until that backups were done and re-tried the move - no good.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working for me?

-RAM
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
You should always disclose the version of Exchange you're running.

Normally, when you try to move the mailbox back and there's a ghost remnant,
the move will fail and the remnant will be removed. At that point you
should be able to move the mailbox back if you want, because the remnant
will be gone. If that's not the case for you, you might consider running
ISINTEG during off-hours with the appropriate switches to fix everything
repeatedly until it reports no errors. (Take a good backup first.) If that
doesn't work, the only suggestion I would have for you is to contact
Microsoft Support.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: RAM on
Sorry, forgot to include that little gem. We are running Exchange 2003
SP2.

Is there a formula for estimating how long it would take to run
ISINTEG? (like, based on how large the database is?)

-RAM
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
ISINTEG runs a lot faster than ESEUTIL from my experience. I don't have a
formula, sorry.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..