From: Steve B on
I got a RCA mp3 Opal player for free. It has a cord with it, but when I
plug in the cord, it will not operate. I can't get it to come on. Is this
designed only to run on battery? Also, I can't find out anything about
replacing the battery. I did download the manual, but I can't find these
issues in there. Help appreciated.

Steve

From: Paul on
Steve B wrote:
> I got a RCA mp3 Opal player for free. It has a cord with it, but when I
> plug in the cord, it will not operate. I can't get it to come on. Is this
> designed only to run on battery? Also, I can't find out anything about
> replacing the battery. I did download the manual, but I can't find these
> issues in there. Help appreciated.
>
> Steve

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/rca-opal-2gb-blue/4507-6490_7-32422435.html?tag=rnav

"Lithium Rechargeable Player battery Integrated"

A lithium charge controller, may refuse to recharge a
battery if it has run down too far.

http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/manuals/M4002/media/M4002_UMEN.pdf

"Your player is charging through the USB
connection when it is connected to your
computer. To fully charge the player, make sure
your computer is on and the player is connected
for at least 3 hours."

"Electrical Consumption 3.7V Lithium battery (built-in)"

HTH,
Paul