Prev: help
Next: Download managers
From: len garden on
g'day,

what purpose does ms,NET framework v1.1 & v2 fulfill in the myriod of
programs that are installed onto a computer?

i have this following window appear each time i boot up:

<Could not load File or Assembly 'MOM.Implementation,
Version=2.0.2736.38608, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba0c70f846762e' or one of its Dependencies, The
system cannot find the file specified>

in short this all occured when the shop i bought my machine from lent
me a video card whilst they sent mine away for warranty repair, whilst
thereafter the warning window appeared.

so as well as some understanding of the use of ms.net how can i get
rid of that window please?

tia

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"len garden" <gardenlen2(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> g'day,
>
> what purpose does ms,NET framework v1.1 & v2 fulfill in the myriod of
> programs that are installed onto a computer?
>
> i have this following window appear each time i boot up:
>
> <Could not load File or Assembly 'MOM.Implementation,
> Version=2.0.2736.38608, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=90ba0c70f846762e' or one of its Dependencies, The
> system cannot find the file specified>
>
> in short this all occured when the shop i bought my machine from lent
> me a video card whilst they sent mine away for warranty repair, whilst
> thereafter the warning window appeared.
>
> so as well as some understanding of the use of ms.net how can i get
> rid of that window please?

It's obvious that you have a .Net program/application that's running or
trying to run on your machine. The .Net Framework is a library of programs
that a program using a .Net programming language like Visual Basic.Net,
C#.Net or many other types of .Net languages uses to execute, and they all
depend on some version of the .Net Framework. This is coming from a .Net
programming developer -- more and more programs written using the .Net
language are coming to the desktop. I suggest that you call the people that
loaned you the card or you call the vendor of the card's tech support to
help you.

From: Paul on
len garden wrote:
> g'day,
>
> what purpose does ms,NET framework v1.1 & v2 fulfill in the myriod of
> programs that are installed onto a computer?
>
> i have this following window appear each time i boot up:
>
> <Could not load File or Assembly 'MOM.Implementation,
> Version=2.0.2736.38608, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=90ba0c70f846762e' or one of its Dependencies, The
> system cannot find the file specified>
>
> in short this all occured when the shop i bought my machine from lent
> me a video card whilst they sent mine away for warranty repair, whilst
> thereafter the warning window appeared.
>
> so as well as some understanding of the use of ms.net how can i get
> rid of that window please?
>
> tia
>
> With peace and brightest of blessings,
>
> len & bev
>
> --
> "Be Content With What You Have And
> May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
> A World That You May Not Understand."
>
> http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

ATI uses .NET libraries, for its control panel. In Google, I can see
the error you mention, in a July 2007 posting. My guess would be, that
whatever the problem is, you could potentially fix it by upgrading the
ATI driver to a more recent version.

(Posted auf Deutsch - only mention of 90ba0c70f846762e I could find... )
http://groups.google.ca/group/ch.comp.os.ms-windows/browse_thread/thread/833998ffec982190/b4bc44c530d8b714

You can download fresh drivers here. Make sure you have a copy of the
driver installer for the current driver version (in case you have to
revert to a driver that you know is working). I would uninstall the
current ATI package, then install the new one that you download here.
The selection menus here, should help ensure the driver supports your
particular card. Check your Device Manager, so see what the current ATI
card is.

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Using the "display driver" by itself, would avoid the use of the
control panel. I don't think that would be very useful, but you
may be able to set the display resolution with the Windows
display panel, and that might be enough. By avoiding the control
panel software, then you'd avoid that .NET related error. So
that would be another, more extreme option. You'd uninstall
your current ATI software package, then install the driver only
package, and limp along with that.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

One advantage of not invoking .NET, is you get to use 50MB of
your system RAM for something else :-)

Paul
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message news:fec088$l5v$1(a)aioe.org...
> len garden wrote:
>> g'day,
>>
>> what purpose does ms,NET framework v1.1 & v2 fulfill in the myriod of
>> programs that are installed onto a computer?
>>
>> i have this following window appear each time i boot up:
>>
>> <Could not load File or Assembly 'MOM.Implementation,
>> Version=2.0.2736.38608, Culture=neutral,
>> PublicKeyToken=90ba0c70f846762e' or one of its Dependencies, The
>> system cannot find the file specified>
>>
>> in short this all occured when the shop i bought my machine from lent
>> me a video card whilst they sent mine away for warranty repair, whilst
>> thereafter the warning window appeared.
>>
>> so as well as some understanding of the use of ms.net how can i get
>> rid of that window please?
>>
>> tia
>>
>> With peace and brightest of blessings,
>>
>> len & bev
>>
>> --
>> "Be Content With What You Have And
>> May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
>> A World That You May Not Understand."
>>
>> http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
>
> ATI uses .NET libraries, for its control panel. In Google, I can see
> the error you mention, in a July 2007 posting. My guess would be, that
> whatever the problem is, you could potentially fix it by upgrading the
> ATI driver to a more recent version.
>
> (Posted auf Deutsch - only mention of 90ba0c70f846762e I could find... )
> http://groups.google.ca/group/ch.comp.os.ms-windows/browse_thread/thread/833998ffec982190/b4bc44c530d8b714
>
> You can download fresh drivers here. Make sure you have a copy of the
> driver installer for the current driver version (in case you have to
> revert to a driver that you know is working). I would uninstall the
> current ATI package, then install the new one that you download here.
> The selection menus here, should help ensure the driver supports your
> particular card. Check your Device Manager, so see what the current ATI
> card is.
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>
> Using the "display driver" by itself, would avoid the use of the
> control panel. I don't think that would be very useful, but you
> may be able to set the display resolution with the Windows
> display panel, and that might be enough. By avoiding the control
> panel software, then you'd avoid that .NET related error. So
> that would be another, more extreme option. You'd uninstall
> your current ATI software package, then install the driver only
> package, and limp along with that.
>
> http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp
>
> One advantage of not invoking .NET, is you get to use 50MB of
> your system RAM for something else :-)

Are you serious? .Net is dead in your face. It's not going anywhere. More
and more companies along with software developers in the business sectors
are using .Net for Windows desktop and Web solutions, because .Net is a
standard, and the .NET Framework has to be on the machine. And more and more
..Net solutions are coming to the home sector, and there is no doubt that.
..Net is even being used on Linux, and .Net is down to running on watches and
cellular phone.

And ram is installed in gigs on machines now of days and not megs, and it's
cheap.

From: Paul on
Mr. Arnold wrote:

> Are you serious? .Net is dead in your face. It's not going anywhere.
> More and more companies along with software developers in the business
> sectors are using .Net for Windows desktop and Web solutions, because
> .Net is a standard, and the .NET Framework has to be on the machine. And
> more and more .Net solutions are coming to the home sector, and there is
> no doubt that. .Net is even being used on Linux, and .Net is down to
> running on watches and cellular phone.
>
> And ram is installed in gigs on machines now of days and not megs, and
> it's cheap.

Just stating a fact.

For people with old systems, not all of them are decked out in RAM.
They might appreciate knowing how to get back 50MB of RAM space.

I noticed the extra gulping of RAM, when I pulled my low end Nvidia
card out of the machine, and put in the ATI card. I do have enough
RAM not to worry about it, so it doesn't affect me. But you run into
all kinds of computers out there, in every conceivable configuration,
so you have to give people what info you know.

Paul
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: help