From: System Administrator on
I aplogize for posting this message here. I did not know where else
to post it. If there is a more appropriate newsgroup, please point me
to it.

I have a .msi file created for installing Autodesk Architectural
Desktop 2006 from an administrative image. This file was created when
a prior server was in use. The new server has a different name and
now the pathing contained within the file is no longer valid. The
folder structure on the new server is the same, only the server name
in the pathing needs to be changed. I would like to know how to edit
the .msi file to change the server name in all the file pathing
references. Is this possible?

Thank you.
--
System Administrator
Sprotte + Watson Architecture and Planning

From: Joerg Gerlach on
If this is a standard admin image of an Autocad installation there
should be a folder called Tools inside the image folder. This folder
contains a link to change the admin image. Start the link, follow the
assistent and change whatever needs to be changed.

Not sure about the msi-file. The admin images I hade to resulted in a
standard setup.exe that had to be started with some parameters. If you
really have only the msi-file you need something like Orca, InstEd or
Deskcenter Package Studio to create a mst-file.

J-

From: Joerg Gerlach on
If this is a standard admin image of an Autocad installation there
should be a folder called Tools inside the image folder. This folder
contains a link to change the admin image. Start the link, follow the
assistent and change whatever needs to be changed.

Not sure about the msi-file. The admin images I had to create/use

From: System Administrator on
Thanks for your response, Joerg. I do not have a Tools folder inside
the image folder. Here is image folder structure I have:

AdminImage
DataFiles
eRegData
Eula
Log
Msi
Program Files
support
System
Windows

The application installs using a shortcut whose argument is:

C:\Public\Apps\ADT2006\AdminImage\deploy.exe "ADT2006 Install"

The AdminImage folder contains the files:

ADT2006 Install.ini
ADT2006 Install.mst
ADT.msi
deploy.exe
setup.ini

Any additional help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
System Administrator
Sprotte + Watson Architecture and Planning
Vista, CA

Pages: 1
Prev: Alternate server name
Next: Windows 2003 SP2 EOL