From: Tulup on
Hi all!
Newbie with this virtual adapter driver example.
When connect capture pin to default renderer i hear only cracks. But one
time i heard sound from my usb microphone using msvad (simple) filter.

I have saved 2 graphedit projects (both contains only 2 filters - msvad
connected to default audio renderer):
1. plays only cracks and clicks.
2. play my microphone sound.

now i can't repeat the second graph. i insert the same msvad filter over and
over again, render capture pin - and hear only cracks. The only visual
differences with two graphs is the second don't have a MIDI Input Pin.

1. Why msvad play cracks? I think playing it i hear silence only ot
similar...
2. How can it possible to hear microphone durning playing second graph?
3. Any ideas how to play some some audio stream (wav file for ex) througth
msvad?

-Andrey

From: Maione on
Hi Audrey,

to play some audio stream through MSVAD just use graphedit->render
mediafile->choose an wave file and change the renderer in the graph: MSVAD
directsound for example.

regards,
Giuseppe

From: Tulup on
Hi Maione. Thank you for your reply.
I think that you know this driver sample.
Could you please answer few question about msvad?

1. You tell render wav file to DS msvad renderer. There is a problem, when i
use msvad renderer (non ds) it works. But when i use DS msvad renderer - no
CMiniportWaveCyclicStreamMSVAD is created and so no sound.

2. I'am trying to pass wav file to msvad renderer and simultaneously capture
msvad sound from different graph. how to implement this behavior, audio data
passed to renderer (path-through msvad) and in another capture graph
(another instance of msvad stream) recieve this sound buffer ?

i create global cyclic buffer of 1 second length (44100, 16, stereo), 2
markers (read,write). CopyTo method (render recieve 1764 bytes, i copy to my
buffer and increase write position). CopyFrom method (capture filter use it)
read from my buffer (BytesCount bytes).

3.
Is it right method for this task. For what there is DMA buffer creates in
msvad example (m_pvDmaBuffer). I can't use it because there is 2 instance of
msvad needed to play 2 graph simultaneously.

4.
When i play 2 graphs simultaneously, there is a problem. renderer in CopyTo
method writes 1764 bytes, but capture CopyFrom rate(or something like that)
is more that renderer produce. So no data availble for capture (read
position = wite position). Clicks, cracks in sound. :((
How to solve this?