From: James levertopf on
Hello

Is it possible to create a cab which is containing several cabs, and that
the cab installs these cabs?

Thanks

James

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
That won't happen automatically, no. The main problem is that you can only
expect one instance of the CAB installer to run at a time and extracting a
contained cab and installing it would require two instances. If you create a
setup EXE and have it fork off instances of WCELOAD to install each cab, as
they are extracted, you could do this, but my guess is that most people are
not trying to embed CABs within CABs.

Paul T.

From: r_z_aret on
You might be able to write a setup DLL that installs the "inner" CABs.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:24:57 +0100, "James levertopf"
<james(a)levertopf.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>Is it possible to create a cab which is containing several cabs, and that
>the cab installs these cabs?
>
>Thanks
>
>James

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: MagicCab on
On Oct 29, 1:24 am, "James levertopf" <ja...(a)levertopf.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to create a cab which is containing several cabs, and that
> the cab installs these cabs?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

It's a little bit tricky.

A Cab file can contains other CAB files, but the installation needs to
be driven by another process because a Cab Installer is not re-
entrant. So one solution is to install the cab files and a setup
application to a temp location on the device and the Setup.dll of this
cab start a setup application that will launch the Cab installer on
the other cabs sequentially.

Virginie - http://magiccab.tech.officelive.com
From: Marc on

Have a look at Pocket PC Installer, www.pocketpcinstaller.com

You can drag and drop your .cabs (including the .net cf cab) and data files
into this app, and it'll make a Desktop and/or PDA installer .exe for you.

As Paul said, you can't run wceload.exe (the program which installs a .cab
file on your device) more than once at a time.

Marc