From: regina on
I own two businesses. I have one e-mail address. Is it possible to change
the display name on my outgoing e-mails without going into my account and
changing names constantly?
From: 20100205 on

How about creating two profiles with two different names. The profiles will
have the same pop3/imap/smtp details and login details but reply to etc will
differ. You do, however, need to make sure that only one account downloads
the messages. This might sound tricky but possible.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
No. Two profiles or two different accounts - or use a generic display name,
like Sales or Support.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"20100205" <20100205(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How about creating two profiles with two different names. The profiles will
> have the same pop3/imap/smtp details and login details but reply to etc will
> differ. You do, however, need to make sure that only one account downloads
> the messages. This might sound tricky but possible.

Two profiles would be unnecessarily awkward. Two accounts in the same profile
would work just fine and wouldn't require closing and restarting Outlook. Al
it would take would be a click of the Accounts button.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]