From: Susie on
when I turn outlook on, messages on my local server will not download to
outlook.
I've checked the settings with the local server company and all seem ok. Yet
my messages will not download to outlook. Help! any suggestions
From: 20100205 on
I suggest follow this step by step guide where you need to change the
details to suit your own circumstances.

http://www.living-with-outlook.com/configure-outlook-for-gmail.html

hth