From: Des on
On Jul 22, 4:11 pm, Des <desotuat...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 3:22 pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:09:51 -0700 (PDT), Des <desotuat...(a)aol.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Not sure how to use a mask to pick out the man but if all the pictures
> > >are taken on a trypod and perfectly aligned then no mask is needed
> > >just merging them all together. That is what I thought I needed to do
> > >but don't know how.
>
> > >Desmond.
>
> > If you figure out a way to merge several images without masking (or
> > some other way of making a selection) and either copying that
> > selection to the base file or dropping the backgrounds, let us know.
> > It's something never been done before.
>
> > --
> > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

> Ok What I have done is this make the opasity of one less so I can see
> the 2 pictures together. Select image 2 and draw around the area of
> the man in image 1. delete this. now I can see the 2 men when both
> opasities are 100%. What I should be able to do is draw around one man
> or hilight in another method. transfer this area to the other picture
> as some kind of mask. That is an area I don't know how to do but it
> would work perfectly.- Hide quoted text -

I have managed to add a mask (hide all to one image. How do I modify
the mask to reveal?
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:30:02 -0700 (PDT), Des <desotuatail(a)aol.com>
wrote:

>On Jul 22, 4:11�pm, Des <desotuat...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 3:22�pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>> > If you figure out a way to merge several images without masking (or
>> > some other way of making a selection) and either copying that
>> > selection to the base file or dropping the backgrounds, let us know.
>> > It's something never been done before.
>>
>> > --
>> > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

>> Ok What I have done is this make the opasity of one less so I can see
>> the 2 pictures together. Select image 2 and draw around the area of
>> the man in image 1. delete this. now I can see the 2 men when both
>> opasities are 100%. What I should be able to do is draw around one man
>> or hilight in another method. transfer this area to the other picture
>> as some kind of mask. That is an area I don't know how to do but it
>> would work perfectly.- Hide quoted text -

>I have managed to add a mask (hide all to one image. How do I modify
>the mask to reveal?

How? The answer depends on how you made the "mask". Quick Mask?
Layer Mask?
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Kabuki on

"Kabuki" <masqued(a)ball.net> wrote in message

> "Des" <desotuatail(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi. I have a camera that can take 3 pictures a second. Is there a way
>> in photoshop 7 that allows me to put one on top of the other and see
>> through each one so that I can get a a moving effect of a car or
>> person.
>>
>> Desmond.
>
> assuming you used tripod or fixed viewpoint and same framing for 3 frames
>
> open pictures
>
> drag photos 2 and 3 on top of picture 1 using shift + drag thumbnail
>
> all 3 pictures should be aligned on 3 separate layers now
>
> on top two layers- select parts you want to mask out or select the figure
> you want in - use wand , magnetic lasso, pen tool, or select color range
> or combo
>
> hit mask (on bottom of layer palette circle in a rectangle)(you may need
> to use select-inverse first depending if you selected background or
> subject )
>
> mask off layers 2-3 and layer one will still show
\\

PS you may need to do some additional masking where body parts are
overlapped

I think the newest PS version can do what you ask more automated way
http://layersmagazine.com/image-sequences-in-photoshop.html

but I don't think PS 7 has these tools