From: botp on
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Michael Fellinger
<m.fellinger(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The parts not in ffi-ncurses are Window and Panel, I wrote them if
> you'd like to reuse them.
> http://github.com/manveru/ver/tree/bdfc4f1ae885b3635983d0db6f0b8fe1ebcca922/lib/ver/ncurses
> I'll try to get them into ffi-ncurses sometime, I'm not even sure they
> work with latest FFI without modification.

hi Michael,
sean's page mentions that he has no plans incorporating forms. That is
sad since it is the main reason i'd use ncurses. do you plan to
incorporate forms?

best regards -botp

From: R. Kumar on
Michael Fellinger wrote:

> I have no idea how long it would take, depends on how large and
> complex the code is.
> It should be pretty painless though.
> The parts not in ffi-ncurses are Window and Panel, I wrote them if
> you'd like to reuse them.
> http://github.com/manveru/ver/tree/bdfc4f1ae885b3635983d0db6f0b8fe1ebcca922/lib/ver/ncurses
> I'll try to get them into ffi-ncurses sometime, I'm not even sure they
> work with latest FFI without modification.
> If you have any trouble, please let me know so we can work it out.

I already have everything working with Window and Panel and Pad for over
a year using ncurses. If you are using ncurses too then i would still be
tied down. I was thinking of completely moving to ffi if ncurses is
going to keep giving install problems.

What about speed. Is the performance the same ?

From: R. Kumar on
botp wrote:

> hi Michael,
> sean's page mentions that he has no plans incorporating forms. That is
> sad since it is the main reason i'd use ncurses. do you plan to
> incorporate forms?
>
> best regards -botp

ncurses forms are fine for simple forms. But if you have a complex form
then there are too many limitations. One spends too much time working
around the limitations of ncurses. I spent months trying to get things
done using ncurses forms and fields before finally writing my own
version in ruby.

Anyway, if its simple you can give ncurses form it a try.

From: botp on
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM, R. Kumar <sentinel.2001(a)gmx.com> wrote:
> ncurses forms are fine for simple forms. But if you have a complex form
> then there are too many limitations. One spends too much time working
> around the limitations of ncurses. I spent months trying to get things
> done using ncurses forms and fields before finally writing my own
> version in ruby.

hi kumar, do you plan to release to public your own ncurses ruby forms?
best regards -botp

From: R. Kumar on
botp wrote:

> hi kumar, do you plan to release to public your own ncurses ruby forms?
> best regards -botp

I meant, first give the forms and fields that is *already available*
with ncurses a try. If you find it useful then good. If you find
yourself struggling then you can give rbcurse a try.