From: Meenie on
I want to count the number of "yes" in a range and the number of "n/a" in a
range and get that total.
If I enter =sum(if(range,"yes"+"n/a")) I get "#Value"
If I enter =sum(if(range,"yes")+(range,"n/a")) I get "formula contains an
error"
I've tried several variations on this with sum, sumif, count, counta,
countif...
Can someone please give me a clue?? :D
Thanks, Meenie
--
Ytwater
From: Bernard Liengme on
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes")
if n/a was entered as text
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"n/a")
if n/a was enterd with the NA() function
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNA(A1:A100)))

best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Meenie

Try
=SUM(COUNTIF(A:A,{"Yes","n/a"}))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Meenie on
yes and n/a are both entered as text.
I know how to count one or the other, how to I count the total occurence of
both within the range?
--
Ytwater

From: Meenie on