From: Ian on
I have a user PC. After logging on, the PC does not get IP unless running
ipconfig /renew manually.

All other PCs are OK.
Trying logging on different account gets the same result.
TCP/IP setup is OK.
Check DHCP/DNS client services started after logging on
Did NIC repair or netsh int reset / reboot
Tried different physical network connection
did IPConfig /flushdns

Windows XP SP2

Any other suggestion?

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Could be that the network card is starting to fade out.
Otherwise try this, http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).