From: Nobody on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Does this mean that an ActiveX control can be written that DOESN'T
>> work on Windows 98 with VB6?
>
> Yes. It all depends on what functions the author restrict him/herself to,
> just like any other EXE or DLL. You can check the OS version, and only
> call the new function if the OS version supports it, but if you call the
> function regardless, it won't work on older OS'es.
>
> The freeware version only calls one function that was introduced after
> Windows 95: OpenThread(). This function was in introduced in Windows
> ME/2000, so Windows ME is the minimum required OS although it's not
> supported. So the freeware version will not work on Windows 95/98/NT4.

Also, ActiveX or COM files can now be 64-Bit. I was able to make a 64-Bit
COM DLL using VC and use it in VB6 for a special purpose.

From: rony g on
Hi All,

Sorry for the late answer.

My ocx is free and open source. The author ( I forget his name ) called
it Sox. The problem :
1. Connection process
It takes long time. Sometimes fail sometimes success.
2. Transmission process
Sometimes fails
These happen on not-busy computers ( 2 computers ) with one small data
(not more than 64 chars) to transfer from each other every 3 minutes. It
is hard for me to correct the sorce code.

Regards
Rony

From: Wolfgang Bußmann on
Am 25.02.2010 20:03, schrieb rony g:

> Hello ,
>
> Currently I use api socket ocx downloaded from
> www.planet-source-code.com. I plan to replace it with other ocx that
> works better soon. Could you give me information about the best socket
> ocx ?
> I also have another question : Is there any socket ocx that has
> multithread capability on windows ?
>
> Thanks
> Rony

Maybe you can use this!