From: rony g on

Hello ,

Currently I use api socket ocx downloaded from
www.planet-source-code.com. I plan to replace it with other ocx that
works better soon. Could you give me information about the best socket
ocx ?
I also have another question : Is there any socket ocx that has
multithread capability on windows ?

Thanks
Rony

From: mayayana on
You didn't provide much detail about what
you're doing, or what exactly the control is that
you're using. If you'd like to avoid the dependency
you might want to look at this class wrapper,
originally from vbip.com:

http://www.koders.com/noncode/fid8F45DF43059FCEE77CD99F26786B8A6696CC5E88.as
px

That class, along with the bas linked from
the same page:

http://www.koders.com/vb/fid943F2756BB30A4AAF783E322D25B13088D13302D.aspx

make up an API version of the winsock OCX.

From: Henning on

"rony g" <nospam> skrev i meddelandet

> Hello ,
>
> Currently I use api socket ocx downloaded from
> www.planet-source-code.com. I plan to replace it with other ocx that
> works better soon. Could you give me information about the best socket
> ocx ?
> I also have another question : Is there any socket ocx that has
> multithread capability on windows ?
>
> Thanks
> Rony

I've started using SocketWrench wich works well for me.

/Henning

From: MikeD on

"rony g" <nospam> wrote in message

> Hello ,
>
> Currently I use api socket ocx downloaded from
> www.planet-source-code.com. I plan to replace it with other ocx that
> works better soon. Could you give me information about the best socket
> ocx ?
> I also have another question : Is there any socket ocx that has
> multithread capability on windows ?

It might help if you mentioned what the current OCX you're using lacks that
you'd like to have. That way, people won't waste their time making
suggestions that don't offer what you're looking to do.

--
Mike

From: Nobody on
"rony g" <nospam> wrote in message

> Hello ,
>
> Currently I use api socket ocx downloaded from
> www.planet-source-code.com. I plan to replace it with other ocx that
> works better soon. Could you give me information about the best socket
> ocx ?
> I also have another question : Is there any socket ocx that has
> multithread capability on windows ?

Like Henning suggested, SocketWrench has an ActiveX freeware edition that is
okay for commercial use. The only issue is that it only works for Windows
2000+, but this may or may not be a problem for you.

http://www.catalyst.com/products/socketwrench/freeware/index.html