From: Valli on
I have a double variable
Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0
I need this value in string.
If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value in
string without E+ format.
If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as
2010031266671940.0.
I need the value as such.

Can anyone help me

--
Thanks & regards,

V.Vallikkannu
Project Leader
Chella Software Private Limited | Mobile : <9944254599.> | Off: +91 452
4262000 | www.chelsoft.com

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
If you want it as a decimal format, then not first convert it to a decimal
format?

From: Valli on
I dont need in decimal. I need that double value as such in string to append
to a string variable.

From: Andrew Morton on
Valli wrote:
> I dont need in decimal. I need that double value as such in string to
> append to a string variable.

You should have played around with the various format options; I found:

Dim a As Double = 2010031266671939.0
Console.WriteLine(a.ToString("G20"))

outputs "2010031266671939".

Although the "R" format specifier may be more correct.

Andrew

From: Valli on
What this "G20" represents?
I am new to .net coding.