From: Todd on
H All,

I need a new fax machine. I am tired of having to destroy
fax film cartridges.

I send all my faxes from CEetOS and Hyla fax on my main
office computer. I do not receive because most of the time
I am in the field and the main office machine is off.

I got to thinking, to receive faxes, why not put FC12 on
an ATOM netbook/laptop with Hyla Fax and use that for
my receive fax machine instead.

Does this sound reasonable/insane?

-T
From: mjt on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:06:52 -0700
Todd <Todd(a)invalid.com> wrote:

> I got to thinking, to receive faxes, why not put FC12 on
> an ATOM netbook/laptop with Hyla Fax and use that for
> my receive fax machine instead.
>
> Does this sound reasonable/insane?

Sounds like a reasonable solution to me.

--
"I cannot and will not cut my conscience to
fit this year's fashions." - Lillian Hellman

From: Jerry Peters on
mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:06:52 -0700
> Todd <Todd(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> I got to thinking, to receive faxes, why not put FC12 on
>> an ATOM netbook/laptop with Hyla Fax and use that for
>> my receive fax machine instead.
>>
>> Does this sound reasonable/insane?
>
> Sounds like a reasonable solution to me.

A friend of mine uses an AA1 to host his home phone system, so yes,
I'd say it's a reasonable choice.

Jerry
From: Rui Maciel on
Todd wrote:

> H All,
>
> I need a new fax machine. I am tired of having to destroy
> fax film cartridges.
>
> I send all my faxes from CEetOS and Hyla fax on my main
> office computer. I do not receive because most of the time
> I am in the field and the main office machine is off.
>
> I got to thinking, to receive faxes, why not put FC12 on
> an ATOM netbook/laptop with Hyla Fax and use that for
> my receive fax machine instead.
>
> Does this sound reasonable/insane?
>
> -T

Out of curiosity, and by the way sorry for not being able to help, why not dump the fax entirely and
move on to emails? Nowadays the idea of using a fax sounds needlessly expensive.

Rui Maciel
From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <4c3e681a$0$489$a729d347(a)news.telepac.pt>,
Rui Maciel <rui.maciel(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Out of curiosity, and by the way sorry for not being able to help, why
>not dump the fax entirely and
>move on to emails? Nowadays the idea of using a fax sounds needlessly
>expensive.

The problem is that several critical industries are still hopelessly
stuck in the 70s, with no intention of evolving past that.

Try dealing with real estate brokers or lawyers - the only language they
speak (for official documents) is "fax machine".

--
> No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
> why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

CLC in a nutshell.