From: Marcin Kuczera on
hello,

is there any working driver for NetXen chip based 10G cards for freeBSD ?

Regards,
Marcin
From: Rick Jones on
Marcin Kuczera <marcin(a)leon.usun-to.pl> wrote:
> is there any working driver for NetXen chip based 10G cards for
> freeBSD ?

I cannot say I know of any myself, but will point-out that there are
at least two Netxen chips, the most recent being the 3031. I'll also
point-out that Netxen were bought by Qlogic so I guess it would be the
Qlogic 3031 chip now.

rick jones
where do you want to be today?
From: Marcin Kuczera on
Rick Jones wrote:
> Marcin Kuczera <marcin(a)leon.usun-to.pl> wrote:
>> is there any working driver for NetXen chip based 10G cards for
>> freeBSD ?
>
> I cannot say I know of any myself, but will point-out that there are
> at least two Netxen chips, the most recent being the 3031. I'll also
> point-out that Netxen were bought by Qlogic so I guess it would be the
> Qlogic 3031 chip now.

yes, it is Qlogic, but they have no drivers for any *BSD on their
website.. Only for linux (and windows/solaris etc..).

So, maybe someone could recommed some 1x10G or 2x10G PCI-E card working
properly under freeBSD ?
Media must be SFP+ or XFP.

Regards,
Marcin
From: Rick Jones on
Marcin Kuczera <marcin(a)leon.usun-to.pl> wrote:
> So, maybe someone could recommed some 1x10G or 2x10G PCI-E card working
> properly under freeBSD ?
> Media must be SFP+ or XFP.

I've not tried them under FreeBSD, but Chelsio seems to offer-up
drivers for their NICs. Other vendor names you might check that come
to mind, in no particular order are: Neterion, Myricom, SolarFlare,
ServerEngines, Broadcom, Intel. I suspect there may be some others.

rick jones
From: Rick Jones on
Rick Jones <rick.jones2(a)hp.com> wrote:
> I've not tried them under FreeBSD, but Chelsio seems to offer-up
> drivers for their NICs. Other vendor names you might check that
> come to mind, in no particular order are: Neterion, Myricom,
> SolarFlare, ServerEngines, Broadcom, Intel. I suspect there may be
> some others.

Mellanox.

rick jones
--
I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of
"when", sometimes "where"; always "how much." - Joubert