From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-08-08 09:30 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On Aug 8, 8:01 pm, Garrett Smith<dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, you simply can't grasp the difference, which is why you are a
>>> truly lousy communicator.
>>
>> What I wrote was unambiguous and clear.
>
> In your mind. To anyone else reading this, it is likely clear that
> you have poked your head into a technical discussion to add nothing
> but your own personal and juvenile nonsense.
>
>> Apparently I communicated
>> effectively because you understood exactly what I meant.
>
> You try too hard.

I can't see why that's worth arguing. I wrote something clear and you
got what I meant.

>>> That's a ridiculous generalization.
>>
>> It is neither; it is a universal truth.
>
> It certainly is not.

No. Specification terminology is absolutely appropriate for on-topic
posts on javascript.

If you don't like that, or post things that are continually off-topic
material for whatever reason (stubbornness, arrogance, insanity, and it
doesn't really matter what your personal problems are) then don't post
any more.

Your post is off-topic.

Off-topic material, such as interspersed unrelated emotional remarks,
within a technical discussion are plaguing this group. The spam at least
appears in a separate thread, so it can be easily ignored. Your trash
appears all over the place.
--
Garrett
From: David Mark on
On Aug 9, 1:13 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-08-08 09:30 PM, David Mark wrote:

> >> What I wrote was unambiguous and clear.
>
> > In your mind.  To anyone else reading this, it is likely clear that
> > you have poked your head into a technical discussion to add nothing
> > but your own personal and juvenile nonsense.
>
> >> Apparently I communicated
> >> effectively because you understood exactly what I meant.
>
> > You try too hard.
>
> I can't see why that's worth arguing. I wrote something clear and you
> got what I meant.

You can't see much of anything it seems.

> >> It is neither; it is a universal truth.
>
> > It certainly is not.
>
> No. Specification terminology is absolutely appropriate for on-topic
> posts on javascript.

Again with the generalization.

> If you don't like that, or post things that are continually off-topic
> material for whatever reason (stubbornness, arrogance, insanity, and it
> doesn't really matter what your personal problems are)

LOL. Pot calling the kettle black again.

> then don't post
> any more.
>
> Your post is off-topic.

Shut up, twit. Now that's off-topic, but still much needed at this
point.

> Off-topic material, such as interspersed unrelated emotional remarks,
> within a technical discussion are plaguing this group.

So stop popping in to technical discussions with personal attacks (and
then whining when you get smacked on the nose).

> The spam at least
> appears in a separate thread, so it can be easily ignored. Your trash
> appears all over the place.

I assume you've read the next post and are now crying in a corner
somewhere. :)
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-08-08 09:54 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On Aug 8, 8:01 pm, Garrett Smith

[...]
> I cite the specification when the context calls for it. For example,
> three years ago you asked me to explain to you why 0 is not less than
> null (presumably to avoid RTFM yourself).
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/55dd0547c67e99a1

That's a good example of an on-topic post, so you're capable of posting
on-topic.

There's a big difference between that and obnoxious noise, massive
overquoting, and lazy and sloppy formatting that makes up the majority
of your postings.
--
Garrett
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-08-08 09:34 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On Aug 8, 4:55 pm, Ry Nohryb<jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:

>>> *Named* NFE's. (...)
>>
>> Yes, the truly, really wellnamedones:named-named-function-
>> expressions :-)
>
> Nice catch, jackass.

Try repeating that looking in the mirror.

Commenting on obvious typos is about what I'd
> expect from you.

Is there a contradiction here?

Either you're concerned about using correct terminology or you're not.
Frankly I don't care about what you call it; you've shown repeated
unwillingness to hold civil technical discussion, trying to discuss
anything with you is pretty much a waste of time anyway, so call it
whatever you want and I'll happily ignore you.

if you tried to correct Jorge and then posted wrong information again
(that's about the fourth post in a row from you I've read today that
follows that pattern).
--
Garrett
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-08-08 10:21 PM, David Mark wrote:
> On Aug 9, 1:13 am, Garrett Smith<dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> So stop popping in to technical discussions with personal attacks (and
> then whining when you get smacked on the nose).
>
>> The spam at least
>> appears in a separate thread, so it can be easily ignored. Your trash
>> appears all over the place.
>
> I assume you've read the next post and are now crying in a corner
> somewhere. :)

It sounds like you want to get a little more personal.

Sissy flame wars are off-topic. If you wanted to meet in person -- and
that goes for anyone -- you could have just emailed me rather than post
a sissy drama queen act with keystrokes. You have my email address.

I'm not getting hit in the nose and although your trash hurts my ideals
for this NG, I'm surely not crying.
--
Garrett